Monday, February 24, 2014

Whole Wheat Cheese Blintz Pancakes

And I'm back in the cooking saddle after a wonderful long weekend away from troop feeding responsibilities... easing back in...

Tonight I tried making Whole Wheat Cheese Blintz Pancakes for the first time. I've made "breakfast for dinner" for years, as often as monthly or even more frequently. Always easy, always a hit. Leftovers always great to freeze for our rushed (real) breakfasts. I usually stick with regular whole grain pancakes, maybe I'll throw in bananas or berries if I'm feeling crazy and have them on hand. I thought we'd try something new tonight, these blintz-inspired pancakes, since 4/5 of us also really like blintzes.


And they were.... ok. I saw right away that even though the recipe said it served 4-5, I needed to double it. Owen alone has been known to put away 7-8-9 regular pancakes for dinner. We do have a handful leftover for the freezer but not nearly like my normal recipe. No one disliked them, but I think everyone prefers "regular" pancakes better. Steve in particular said they had a funny taste but it didn't stop him from eating them. The kids all ate them. All in all, a nice experiment but probably not being added to the regular rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment