Monday, February 10, 2014

Spicy Shrimp Tacos with a Southwest Avocado Sauce... and a Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Tonight I tried a new recipe, Spicy Shrimp Tacos with a Southwest Avocado Sauce. For some reason I thought it still needed something just from looking at the recipe, so I also made 15 Minute Black Bean and Corn Salsa as an additional topping.

Here's the salsa:

And here is the finished product -- shrimp tacos:

Steve loved the tacos. I thought they were really good, though the avocado sauce didn't have the bright green color and was more brownish. Aside from the color, I think a regular guacamole would have been better. I will be making this again though. Now I am bummed I'm out of salt-free tortilla chips; looks like I have to hit Whole Foods tomorrow to get through that big bowl! (Steve's not a huge salsa person to begin with so it's alllll for meeeeee.)

The kids had... peas and hot dogs tonight ;) This was SUPER spicy, not only was the shrimp marinade hot, but the avocado sauce had a lot of spice as well. I kicked up the salsa too, adding a diced jalapeno and cumin and chili powder. Definitely needed the sour cream to tone things down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment