Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Parmigiana Sandwiches

Folks, we have another winner with 5/5* Newtons liking this dish:


I followed the recipe almost exactly, though I didn't use quite as much tomato sauce as it called for, because I didn't want it quite so runny. Toasting the sliced rolls on a buttered skillet really pushed the recipe from "good" to "great" -- I often skip steps like that as we're in a rush but it made it so much better. Oh I did stick the open faced sandwiches (without top bun) under the broiler for just a minute or two to really melt the cheese.

The fact that it made twice the amount of sauce/chicken filling that we needed is NOT a bad thing -- I am throwing the leftover filling in the freezer and it'll be an instant meal on a busy night where I just need to buy new rolls.

Owen really liked it, way more than I expected (this was crock pot, after all). He even had seconds. His Olympic score for it is 78.42. Gigi said it was good (though wasn't raving about it, but liked it plenty to eat it again). Camden ate his "deconstructed", as they were super messy and hard for a toddler to eat. He had his filling in a bowl with a fork, and some bread on the side. Steve said the meal is definitely a "do over" (that's a good thing in our family -- we'll do it again...)

*5/5 Newtons plus one guest

No comments:

Post a Comment