Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Turkey Piccata and The. Best. Brussels. Sprouts. Recipe. Ever. (really!)

Here was tonight's dinner:



The turkey piccata recipe was recently sent as a suggestion from an old friend in Maryland (shout out, Suzanne!) and the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Agave and Spicy Mustard is the recipe that one of Steve's coworkers brought to a potluck we hosted last month. Seriously, there were people huddled over my stove eating those brussels sprouts like they were candy. One guy from down the block had stayed home from our party, but his wife and kid came, but had to leave early for a prior commitment. The husband showed up about an hour later, saying, "My wife said I HAD to come, just to try these brussels sprouts!" It kick started my brussels sprouts obsession. It took this long for Mr. Coworker to send me what recipe they used, but boy was it worth the wait. And surprisingly simple!

For the turkey piccata, I actually bought fresh turkey breast (quite possibly a first for me) and didn't use a chicken substitute.

The turkey piccata was really good (I thought). I served the sauce on the side, as a "dip" that the kids had to try -- neither Owen nor Genevieve were a fan of it but ate the turkey plain. Steve liked the dish but said he'd prefer a more straightforward Thanksgiving-like gravy; this one was a bit "tangy" for his taste. I thought it was delicious!

The brussels sprouts had a slightly different taste from the ones that were brought to our party, even though I followed the recipe exactly. Must be a matter of what kind of agave or mustard we each used. Still really good, just not quite the same caliber.

No comments:

Post a Comment