Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken and Artichokes

We had a busy afternoon today with an across-town orthodontist appointment for Owen after school, so I knew dinner would be a rush. I pulled out the crock pot and made this recipe, which I have been making for years in one form or another. Usually I make it "beer butt" style, roasting in the oven on a stand over a can of beer or soda, but since we weren't going to be home I tossed it in the crockpot all day instead. I do season it the night before and let it marinade in the fridge overnight. I also stuff the bird with lemon and onion halves. It's just as good in the crockpot as roasted in the oven; the only difference is the skin doesn't get as golden crisp.



For the artichokes, I did my standby default "recipe" which is to steam them in the double boiler with bay leaves, lemon, and garlic in the water underneath. Our favorite dip for the leaves (besides melted butter) is mayo with a good dose of balsamic vinegar mixed in. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment