Saturday, January 25, 2014

Catching up: Creamy Skillet Mac n Cheese

Ok people, the Creamy Skillet Mac & Cheese was a huge hit around these parts. HUGE. This is another, "it's-not-great-for-you-but-let's-serve-it-alongside-an-enormous-pile-of-steamed-broccoli that the kids actually do eat" type of win. Here's how it looked:


Aside from omitting the salt (my bad ears) I did not alter this in any way. I didn't cut it down to skim milk. I didn't use whole grain pasta like I more typically do. I didn't throw in a Jessica Seinfeld style container of frozen butternut squash. I simply... let it be. And it was DELICIOUS. Steve came home late for dinner that night and I am (sort of) ashamed to admit I rationed his portion to make sure all 3 kids could have it for lunch again the next day. Never made it to the freezer.

Really easy meal and not any harder than the Kraft blue box.

Owen's 2 cents:

 Delicious. It was sooo cheesy (that is most definitely a good thing).   

Gigi's 2 cents:


Awesome. I liked it because it was very cheesy and it was very creamy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment