Friday, March 7, 2014

Crustless Spinach Quiche

 
 
Tonight I dug out a recipe I haven't made since the last time Steve went on his Atkins bender, Crustless Spinach Quiche. I make it just as the recipe is outlined, except tonight I used fresh spinach instead of frozen (why does frozen have so much sodium??) and added about a cup of chopped mushrooms as well. It turned out good again, Steve and I liked it and I didn't even miss the crust you usually get with quiche. Genevieve thought it was "not bad" and Camden ate a bit too (he loves eggs for breakfast in the morning). Owen on the other hand, has always declared "quiche as the #1 thing on my list of least favorite foods -- which is an extensive list" so he basically died when he had to have his one taste bite. So all three kids had grilled cheese too.

No comments:

Post a Comment