Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese

I tried another new recipe tonight, Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese. I started out by also using this blog's recipe for homemade basil pesto:





I doubled the pesto recipe and made a lot more than I needed for the chicken... I froze the rest in single servings for future fast use.

Here's the chicken (tripled that recipe since it was for just 2 breasts, but even with 3 adults and a ravenous Gigi, we still have two large servings for the freezer):


The breasts were big to begin with, so after I pounded them flat, they were HUGE. This was half a serving! All in all it was more work than my usual weeknight meal but most of us really liked it (Steve, Mom, me, and Gigi -- who had two big servings). The boys were less enthusiastic but that's nothing new. Camden continues his streak of shoveling in any food at breakfast and lunch but doesn't eat much dinner. And Owen, well, I put "green stuff" in the chicken. I'll definitely make it again but it's more of a weekend meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment