Sunday, April 20, 2014

Southwestern Crustless Quiche

Tonight we tried Southwestern Crustless Quiche:


Since quiche in general is the devil's spawn to the Newton kids (2 out of three of them anyway), they just each had to try a bite before moving onto their grilled cheese sandwiches. Reaction was pretty much what I expected.

Steve and I both really liked it though, even better than my other crustless quiche recipe. I omitted the cilantro since I didn't have it on hand, and I sort of missed it but Steve didn't (he's growing more anti-cilantro with his old age). He dolloped his with sour cream, which totally grossed me out -- sour cream on eggs? -- but I tried it and have to agree it was pretty good that way, helped cut the spice from the pepper jack cheese. The recipe is definitely an easy keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment