Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lemon-Ricotta Pasta with Seared Scallops

Back in the saddle again. Tonight we tried Lemon-Ricotta Pasta with Seared Scallops:


The scallops themselves were very, very basic and simple. Just quickly sauteed in olive oil with s&p. Steve is still all Atkins-y and I didn't realize until I read the whole recipe as I was making it that all the other flavors -- lemon zest, fresh thyme, the ricotta, etc were in the pasta part. Whoops.

The kids ate just the pasta mixture, sans scallops. Surprisingly, Owen said it wasn't all that bad and ate it without complaint. After he pointed out "but the peas are Mixed. In. to my pasta!" he even still ate it. Gigi really did NOT like it -- "TOO LEMONY." Camden ate 100 pancakes for breakfast this morning and a pretty decent lunch so he just picked. Steve and I both liked the scallops, as simple as they were. I miss the huge ones I could buy in Boston but these Safeway ones were ok. I thought the pasta was just ok as well (better than Gigi but not as likeable as Owen).

No comments:

Post a Comment