Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Parmesan Meatloaf

Tonight we tried Parmesan Meatloaf:


I followed the recipe as written, except baked for just over 1.5 hours (per some reviewers, plus I had a little extra meat in ours). Also I used oats instead of breadcrumbs.

And the verdict is... in a stunning turn of events, all three Newton kids really liked it (OWEN had SECONDS) and Steve and I thought it was just mediocre. Definitely no Mary's Meatloaf in our book. It wasn't BAD, it was actually really moist in a good way... just kind of bland. And I added more seasoning than it called for. It's probably due to the blandness that the kids liked it a lot. We agreed that if we'd heated some extra sauce and put it over our slices in addition to what was on the small edge, it would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment