Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Waffles

We've been doing Breakfast for Dinner at least once a month for as long as I can remember, it's clearly a kid-favorite. But I've always made pancakes/bacon/eggs etc. That changed tonight since I splurged on a waffle iron a few days ago (never had one!). I used this basic recipe:

(This is just one stack of three that I produced -- I doubled the recipe so we can freeze some for breakfasts)

 Per some reviewers' suggestions, I doubled the vanilla and separated the eggs first, whipping the whites up before adding in the yolks and the rest of the ingredients. I also added some cinnamon and ground flax seed and substituted half the white flour with whole wheat.

Needless to say, they were a huge hit all around the table. Steve's at a late meeting so it was a perfect night to have a carbs feast without Mr Atkins around.

No comments:

Post a Comment