Saturday, June 14, 2014

Slow cooker taco chicken bowls (wraps)

I was really glad today for the convenience of a crockpot meal, we were really busy and it was nice to have dinner magically ready at the end of the day. I tried out Slow cooker taco chicken bowls which we made into wraps:


I wish I could say they were delicious. They were just kind of meh. Certainly edible but more bland and mushy than you'd choose. I made my homemade salsa the other night instead of using jarred for this recipe... I don't know if that's why, but after cooking all day, when I pulled the chicken out to shred, it looked like there was way too much liquid in the crock pot so I ended up straining off over 90% of it before mixing the chicken back in. Again, meh. Nice idea but we weren't loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment