Monday, June 9, 2014

Scallop corn chowder

It was a nice little cooking and blogging hiatus, as I was traveling in Ireland for the last 8 days. Now that we're back, it's back to the cooking grind. Inspired by quite a few really good seafood chowders we tried across the pond, I gave this one a try: Scallop corn chowder. Unlike the ones we tried in Ireland, this recipe is very low-sodium friendly.


(Note that we were so hungry and ready to sit down and eat, that I forgot to take a picture of a bowl of the chowder. That photo is looking into the pot, after Steve and I had had several servings and may or may not have fished out a lot of the actual scallops).

Really good! Steve took a bit of an Atkins break on our trip, but was back on the wagon today so he didn't eat a lot of the body of the soup -- namely the potatoes, corn, and carrots. So he wasn't as impressed by the recipe as I was, but the flavors and everything were really top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment