Monday, October 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

Also last week, we tried Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup:


I followed the recipe pretty closely, though I probably nearly doubled the amount of chicken breast that went in there. I thought it was really good, as did the kids. Genevieve in particular is a big soup fan and really liked it. Steve abstained due to the noodles. If I were to make this again, I'd probably cook the noodles separately and just add them to the bowls as I'm serving. I put the leftovers in the fridge overnight and the noodles soaked up most of the broth. East enough to add more broth, but it made for some pretty soggy noodles. I later froze the rest in single portions, I figure it will be handy for when someone is sick and just wants soup and doesn't care about mushy noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment