Monday, September 21, 2015

Skillet Cornbread

Also last week, happy to use my cast iron skillet, we tried Skillet Cornbread. I haven't made normal cornbread or the good old cornbread souffle in years because those blue Jiffy boxes are loaded with sodium unfortunately :( So this low-sodium-friendly recipe was very exciting to find (just omit the salt and use no-sodium baking powder).

I loved it. Steve and all three kids were not fans. I couldn't believe it! It turns out, they all prefer northern style cornbread which is essentially cake -- much thicker and sweeter. I did add a couple T of sugar to this, anticipating this reaction, but even still, thumbs down from all of them. The kids in particular didn't like the "tanned" part -- where it browns on the edges thanks to the skillet time on the stove. I thought it was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment