Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Baked Mozzarella Chicken Rolls

Tonight we tried Baked Mozzarella Chicken Rolls:



Similar in concept to Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese, which I made a few months ago. Yet seemingly less work -- I am not sure why. Actually, I do know why. I cheated on tonight's recipe and bought raw thinly sliced chicken breasts, instead of having to pound out regular ones:


Taking out the pounding process made a HUGE difference in time required to prep everything. Plus the already sliced breasts were uniformly thin with non-ragged edges -- much easier to work with than my pounded alternative.

The recipe was delicious! The whole family ate it. I was all prepared to tell Owen that the "green stuff" (spinach) in the cheese filling was the italian herbs, but he didn't even notice/ask! He deemed the recipe "acceptable" (that's 5 stars coming from him judging a chicken dish). Gigi really liked it, as did Steve and I. Camden even found room to eat half a roll. Definitely a recipe we'll repeat.

I pretty much made it as outlined in the recipe, except slightly less spinach (anticipating the kids' protests that didn't happen); I used panko with herbs I added instead of italian breadcrumbs. Also didn't bother sorting egg white from yolk, used the whole thing. And used about 4x the garlic in the filling, and didn't have fresh basil for the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment