Monday, April 28, 2014

Lamb Meatballs With Spiced Tomato Sauce

Tonight's experiment was Lamb Meatballs With Spiced Tomato Sauce:


I made some minor recipe changes... I didn't have all the fresh herbs so I used dried thyme and rosemary instead (I did remember to buy fresh mint and parsley...). Also due to some new experimental dietary restrictions I am on, hopefully temporarily, I substituted shallots for onions, and melted fresh mozzerella on top instead of using feta cheese. Aside from those adjustments (and of course no salt) I followed the rest of the recipe.

Results... smelled AMAZING and tasted pretty good! It was another one that's a lot of work for a normal weekday meal but made a good amount of leftovers too. The sauce was too spicy for Gigi, but both boys and Steve and I enjoyed it. Definitely a nice change of pace from regular beef meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment